Giving the world a free mobile Bible that is safe to use in any country.Short Sands, LLC, publisher of the "Hear Holy Bible" App
Protects Your Privacy
Easy to Use
Notes & Highlight
Censorship of the Bible
One of the ways that many of these countries attempt to suppress Christianity it to block the public’s access to Christian materials over the Internet. They are filtering the Internet with a variety of tools. For example: Smart Filter by McAfee is used by Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iran, and Oman. Websense is used by Myanmar and Yemen. Netsweeper is used by Qatar, the UAE, and Yemen².
While we have not been able to get information about exactly which of these countries are successfully blocking downloads of the Bible over the Internet, it is clear from anecdotal reports that the Bible is blocked in some of these countries.
Short Sands, LLC has developed a secure means to download Bibles over the Internet, which make it possible to download Bibles that cannot be blocked by these governments. Nor, can these governments monitor readers using the “Hear Holy Bible” App.
1 2016 Global Report, The Voice of the Martyrs, http://www.persecution.com/pdfs/Global_Report_2016.pdf
2 Internet Censorship, Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship
The Your Bible App security was improved so that its use could not be blocked or monitored. In some countries, where the government seeks to discourage Christianity, almost all Bible Apps will not work, because those governments have blocked those Apps from accessing Bible content over the Internet. Those governments will not be able to block this Bible App. It is also possible that some governments who consider Christianity a threat are monitoring the use of Bible Apps to identify those people who are reading the Bible. Those governments will not be able to monitor this App.
“Your Bible” now includes an Arabic and a Persian translation of the Bible.
The first production release has just become available in the Android store today, May 31st, and is expected to be available in the Apple store in approximately one week. This release contains two English language translations. We hope to add many non-English translations soon, and with them open up App pages in those languages in the Apple and Google App stores.
The beta test of “Your Bible” commences on January 17, 2016. We welcome the thoughtful input from those who are skilled in using technology. But just as much, or even more, we value the thoughts of those who find technology awkward to use. Imagine at some future time that some aboriginal person might use “Your Bible” on their newly purchased tablet or Internet enabled TV. We want the app to be sufficiently easy to use that such a person will have no difficulty. We need your help to make this possible.
We publish a Bible by converting it into a form that can be directly rendered by very well-tested software on tablets and phones. This rendering software was developed and tested by Google for Android devices, and by Apple for iOS devices.
Bible Text Validation
What we believe
- January 2015 – The Lord was leading us to build a Bible App, which would deliver the Bible for free in as many languages as possible, be easy for old and young to use, and would protect the identity of those who used it in this world of growing Christian persecution.
- April 2015 – Short Sands was accepted as a Bible publisher “Library Card Holder” by the Digital Bible Library.
- January 2016 – The “Your Bible” App was available in beta test for both Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- April 2016 – The organization was changed from Short Sands sole proprietorship to Short Sands, LLC.
- June 1, 2016 – The first version of “Your Bible” went into production.
- July 5, 2016 – Arabic and Persian versions were added.
- August 12, 2016 – Security features were added that make it possible to download Bibles that cannot be blocked.
- November 11, 2016 – The Bible was added in 25 more languages.
- April 25, 2017 – The feature film “King of Glory” by Rock International was added to the App.
- June 3, 2017 – Three feature films from the Jesus Film Project were added to the App: Jesus, Magdalene, and The Jesus Film for Children.
- July 28, 2017 – The name of the App was changed to “SafeBible”.
- March 2018 – An audio play is added to “SafeBible” allowing people to listen to the Bible.
- August 2018 – SafeBible was modified to improve performance, reduce battery usage, and improve startup speed.
- March 2019 – The App is totally rewritten on Apple devices, adding features of note taking, highlighting, and sharing.
- April 2019 – The name of the App was changed to “Hear Holy Bible”.