Giving the world a free mobile Bible that is safe to use in any country.Short Sands, LLC, publisher of the "Hear Holy Bible" App
The “Hear Holy Bible” app includes many copies of the Bible, and all are free. It does not advertise within the App. And, it does not use the App to sell other products or books.
Protects Your Privacy
The “Hear Holy Bible” app is designed to insure each reader’s anonymity. It collects no information about any user, or about any user’s device, or user’s location, or about any user’s use of the App.
Some governments, who are opposed to Christianity, attempt to block access to the Bible. They are not able to identify “Hear Holy Bible” communication on the Internet as Bible content.
Easy to Use
The “Hear Holy Bible” App is very easy to use. Anyone can use it to study God’s Word without spending time learning to use the App.
The “Hear Holy Bible” app includes a concordance of all words in the Bible, and can be used for the search of one or more words. It responds instantly to any search.
For the benefit of those with very poor eyesight, The “Hear Holy Bible” app is able to present text in very large sizes, especially on larger devices.
The “Hear Holy Bible” app is designed to make it easy to publish the Bible in many languages. We plan to publish the Bible in as many languages as possible.
Notes & Highlight
The “Hear Holy Bible” app allows you to highlight words, phrases, and verses of the Bible, and also to keep notes. It also enables you to share your notes with others.
The “Hear Holy Bible” App is designed to insure every reader’s anonymity. It collects no information about any user, or about any user’s device, or any user’s location. Nor, does it perform any transactions over the Internet that can be blocked or monitored by a government opposed to Christianity.
To best of our knowledge, the “Hear Holy Bible” App is the only Bible App, which provides users with this degree of privacy. In fact, most other Bible Apps collect and store all of the information described here that our App does not collect.
Censorship of the Bible
The persecution of Christians and even violence is a growing problem in many parts of the world. The “Voice of the Martyrs” has listed 44 countries where even the government of those countries suppress Christianity or persecute Christians¹. The map displays those countries in red.
One of the ways that many of these countries attempt to suppress Christianity it to block the public’s access to Christian materials over the Internet. They are filtering the Internet with a variety of tools. For example: Smart Filter by McAfee is used by Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iran, and Oman. Websense is used by Myanmar and Yemen. Netsweeper is used by Qatar, the UAE, and Yemen².
While we have not been able to get information about exactly which of these countries are successfully blocking downloads of the Bible over the Internet, it is clear from anecdotal reports that the Bible is blocked in some of these countries.
Short Sands, LLC has developed a secure means to download Bibles over the Internet, which make it possible to download Bibles that cannot be blocked by these governments. Nor, can these governments monitor readers using the “Hear Holy Bible” App.
1 2016 Global Report, The Voice of the Martyrs, http://www.persecution.com/pdfs/Global_Report_2016.pdf
2 Internet Censorship, Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship
A full length film of the Bible, titled King of Glory was added. This film is published by Rock International.
Additional security features were put in place to protect the anonymity of the App’s users.
Bibles were added in 25 additional languages. The current list of available languages is as follows:
- Arabic Holy Bible
- Awadhi Holy Bible
- Bengali Holy Bible
- Bulgarian New Testament
- Chinese Holy Bible
- Croatian New Testament
- English Holy Bible
- Hindi Holy Bible
- Hungarian Holy Bible
- Indonesian New Testament
- Kannada Holy Bible
- Marathi Holy Bible
- Nepali Holy Bible
- Oriya Holy Bible
- Portuguese Holy Bible
- Punjabi Holy Bible
- Russian Holy Bible
- Serbian Holy Bible
- Spanish Holy Bible
- Tamil Holy Bible
- Thai New Testament
- Ukrainian New Testament
- Urdu Holy Bible
- Vietnamese Holy Bible
- King James Bible
- World English Bible
- New Millennium Persian Bible
- Van Dyke Arabic Bible
Additional work was done to insure the correctness of the Bibles that are published within the App.
Short Sands has developed a very thorough process for validating the Bibles it publishes, so that not even a “jot or tittle” is added or removed. The sections just below, written for the technically minded, describe that process.
We publish a Bible by converting it into a form that can be directly rendered by very well-tested software on tablets and phones. This rendering software was developed and tested by Google for Android devices, and by Apple for iOS devices.
Bible Text Validation
What we believe
- January 2015 – The Lord was leading us to build a Bible App, which would deliver the Bible for free in as many languages as possible, be easy for old and young to use, and would protect the identity of those who used it in this world of growing Christian persecution.
- April 2015 – Short Sands was accepted as a Bible publisher “Library Card Holder” by the Digital Bible Library.
- January 2016 – The “Your Bible” App was available in beta test for both Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- April 2016 – The organization was changed from Short Sands sole proprietorship to Short Sands, LLC.
- June 1, 2016 – The first version of “Your Bible” went into production.
- July 5, 2016 – Arabic and Persian versions were added.
- August 12, 2016 – Security features were added that make it possible to download Bibles that cannot be blocked.
- November 11, 2016 – The Bible was added in 25 more languages.
- April 25, 2017 – The feature film “King of Glory” by Rock International was added to the App.
- June 3, 2017 – Three feature films from the Jesus Film Project were added to the App: Jesus, Magdalene, and The Jesus Film for Children.
- July 28, 2017 – The name of the App was changed to “SafeBible”.
- March 2018 – An audio play is added to “SafeBible” allowing people to listen to the Bible.
- August 2018 – SafeBible was modified to improve performance, reduce battery usage, and improve startup speed.
- March 2019 – The App is totally rewritten on Apple devices, adding features of note taking, highlighting, and sharing.
- April 2019 – The name of the App was changed to “Hear Holy Bible”.